»It means being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to and to choose how you construct meaning from experience. Because if you cannot exercise this kind of choice in adult life, you will be totally hosed. Think of the old cliché about quote the mind being an excellent servant but a terrible master. This, like many clichés, so lame and unexciting on the surface, actually expresses a great and terrible truth. It is not the least bit coincidental that adults who commit suicide with firearms almost always shoot themselves in: the head. They shoot the terrible master.«
David Foster Wallace – This Is Water
Post-modernist turntablism for the poorly equipped. An exploration of perception and desire, the manifoldness of the human voice and the piano’s curious ambiguities.
Will put on some of those records at our forthcoming gig with Fontarrian, Melt Trio and Martin Steer at Urban Spree on March 17th.
- Thomas Köner – Tiento De La Luz 5 (Denovali 2016)
- Deaf Center – City (Type 2004)
- S S S S – Tyranny Of Intimacy (Hallow Ground 2016)
- Holly Herndon – Solo Voice (RVNG Intl. 2014)
- Julia Holter – Goddess Eyes I (Domino 2012)
- Maxim Wolzyn – Reconstruction (Marionette 2015)
- ˆL_ – The Outsider (ANTIME 2016)
- Jenny Hval & Susanna – Black Lake (SusannaSonata 2015)
- Pink Floyd – The Great Gig In The Sky (EMI 1973)
- Woob – Odonna (Styrax 2016)
- Laurine Frost – Marionette Manifesto (Marionette 2015)
- Watazumido-Shuso – Rinmon (Everest 1971)
- Moin – Clancy (Blackest Ever Black 2013)
- Casi Cada Minuto – Intonarumori (Proto Sites 2014)
- M.E.S.H. – Imperial Sewers (PAN 2014)
- Jessy Lanza – You Never Show Your Love (Hyperdub 2015)
- Leyland James Kirby – Don’t Sleep I Am Not What I Seem, I’m A Very Quiet Storm (History Always Favours The Winners 2009)
Vinyl only. Conceived, recorded and mixed between March 4th and 5th, 2016. Artwork by Johann Steer.